Monday, August 17, 2009

Jose Andres is god or devil or maybe both......

I have been a huge, huge fan of Feran Adria (of El Bulli fame) for years……this guy is the father of molecular gastronomy after all. Molecular gastronomy is basically creating new ways to cook, display and eat food the likes of which would send our good friend Escoffier into fits of unbounded pleasure……of course modern chefs have the benefit of new chemical processes and techniques not available at the turn of the 19th century. For my part molecular gastronomy is a pure reductionist view of food......

While I have not had the pleasure of dining at El Bulli under Adria or at the London Savoy under the masterful hand of Escoffier I did have a chance to dine under the watchful eye of Jose Andres……long time student of Feran Adria.

So for those of you that seek ultimate culinary experiences like a crack addict seeks….well crack…..than this posting is for you…….

The Bazaar
At SLS Hotel
465 S La Cienega Blvd












1 comment:

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

Hi Steve, thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words. I am totally impressed you learnt the Ngoh Hiang dish! Up till last week, I only knew how to eat it, lol. So happy to be here at your blog :)